Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Review of Valuebasket.com.sg and Lenovo S930 handphone

Sorry that I've been missing for quite awhile. Was impossibly busy.

I mentioned earlier that I've switched handphone because I lost confidence with Samsung phones as my ex-note2 gave me so much problems.

Yes, I got Lenovo S930 (run on Android jellybean, 3G only, dual sim). Why Lenovo? It's because I'm currently still pretty pleased with my Lenovo Yoga 11s(i3) tablet. 













I'm lemming for a GIGANTIC screen phone and S930 is perfect with it's 6inch screen(It's slightly smaller than Samsung MEGA). Light weight, sleek and thin, it fits very nicely in my palm. I have very small palms. The price is very friendly as well. I got it from https://www.valuebasket.com.sg/  and it was a very pleasant experience. I highly recommend them. I chose to purchase the phone online because for very bizarre reasons, Singapore dont carry them despite it's a pretty new model at the time of my purchase.

Why valuebasket.com.sg instead of other sites like qoo10 etc? Because they has a 14day money-back guarantee as well as FREE 36 MONTHS warranty!!! They dont repair it in Singapore though; they have a "center" in Singapore Ubi Crescent. If the phone ever*touch wood* pose any problems, just bring it to Ubi, and they will ship it back to Hongkong to repair F.O.C. They also have a local tel line for contact. Other than the 36months warranty which other sites dont provide, the price of the phone is also the lowest among the various sites I've checked, e.g, qoo10. It costs S$365 with FREE shipping, with NO LINE required with any Sg telecom. Oh yes, and I recontract with Starhub, got an iphone5S in gold and sold it off for S$930. =) Still has surplus.






The above pictures are all taken from the internet, including the one above(except mine dont have the chinese words imprinted above the micro SD card storage slot). Showing you the dual SIM card slot which looks like this; so much larger than the micro SIM card which I'm using. I actually spent some time to properly place my micro SIM so that it fits at the gold-coloured sensors. You just try your best to make sure the 6 pins matched the patterns on the SIM card properly, else the SIM card couldnt be read. Thank god I dont need to buy the adapter. =P

Pictures below are all taken by me.

And so my package arrived and inside is this humongous BUBBLE BALLOON BOX, I call it. It's hard and sturdy and I'm very much confident that the handphone inside is unharmed in anyway by rough handling. =) I ordered just around 2weeks before the Feb CNY and was very glad the delivery was prompt. Actually I did call up to hurry them abit la....because I told them my Note2 is cranky already(stupid phone battery exhausts like nobody's biz) and the customer service officer is very nice and did hurry for me. And I got my new phone BEFORE CNY. So damn happy!




The handphone box with COMPLIMENTARY accessories kit which includes the screen protector, casing and travel charger. Which is totally sweet!



The case has a velvety texture and slightly rough to the touch to prevent slipping.



As I slowly peeled off the white sticker which sealed up the box, I was surprised to see the words "VOID" in silver being slowly imprinted on the box as soon as sticker was lifted.

Very cool. To ensure yours is a brand new box and no tampering. =)









Very good quality. The earphones are of slightly thicker material than the usual phones so very sturdy; they dont bend so much with the risk of being broken, which is the common problem. Like wise with the charger connector. Thumbs up.













Resolution for it's display screen isnt great; not very sharp. So it's quite fine for me because I dont really stare at my HOME screen. I use Chrome, whatsapp, Gmail, facebook and all other apps, and it's all very sharp, no problem at all. See below



























Sample low light shots by camera with NO editing 



















Sample shots in bright sunlight













Sample screenshots and shots taken by the camera. I say, it's camera is not it's best feature but it will do if you're not very fussy. It takes a longer time than iphone to focus properly and needs a very steady hand. Generally I always use the camera from handphone as per default mode or LANDSCAPE mode and dont use any special scene modes or special effects. I usually choose to touch up or beautify certain pictures with apps. BUT for Lenovo S930, in good lightning, you can get past with the default normal camera mode and then just focus before shooting. But the focus is not great. Pictures are usually brighter and you dont need to edit for brightness, saves me the hassle. 

And you NEED to choose modes to enhance the sharpness and minimize the graininess in low light settings, because the auto-focus cant help. Under settings, my favorite scene modes are 1) night scene, 2) portrait and 3) party. Sharpness and clarify is enhanced than just mere normal scene mode. Scene modes can be used in conjunction with special effects mode. My favorite special effects modes are, 1) Lomo-warm, 2) Rural and 3) Starburst. However, if you're on a particular mode(other than the default normal), then you cant tap on any area to focus. 

However, like I mentioned, the main reason why I bought this phone is because I fancy a large screen, it makes it so clear and convenient to surf and check my work stuff on my handphone. I LOVE IT. I literally use it like a mini tablet because it has Excel(it uses Evernote) and all the settings/play store were all as per normal android phone. I use it just like Note2. Another great feature is that it has very good battery life, it's 3000maH battery can lasts you the whole day, suitable for people who spend long time outside, I dont even carry portable charger now because I dont need it. The phone has 8GB memory(only 1 size), expandable by micro-SD to 32GB.  It has 1 GB ram and I find that I cant open too many windows at one time and it may get abit slow at times. But on the whole, I'm very satisfied with this phone. Great sound quality and speaker too, because speakers are on the front of the phones instead of at the bottom like Note2. Note2 max volume is only 75% of Lenovo S930.

Very glad I came across https://www.valuebasket.com.sg. They also carry other brands of phones  and digital cameras at pretty competitive prices. It's worth checking out!


No comments:

Post a Comment