Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Summary of Events & Breast Cancer Awareness Month (BCAM)

I'm kinda late....but it's October, Global Breast Cancer awareness month!!





Wow! What a sexy pic. =P

Breast Cancer Awareness Month (BCAM) is an annual international health campaign organised every October to increase awareness of the disease and to raise funds for research into its cause, prevention, diagnosis, treatment and cure. The campaign also offers information and support to those affected by breast cancer.

It is also a way to remind women to be breast aware for earlier detection because breast cancer can be contracted by anyone, even by people who are supposedly leading healthy lifestyles. So no matter you're A cup, B cup, C cup, or sawaDee-cup, do get your boobies checked!! Early detection can save you!

And something which I just got to know;

Every October, Estee Lauder Companies (ELC) illuminates landmark buildings or monuments around the world in glowing PINK lights as part of their global campaign. And this year, they transformed The Singapore Flyer into a radiant PINK on 1st October! Here are some pictures!




The flyer joins the ranks of about 200 other global landmarks like the Empire State Building and Taj Mahal that will also be lighted pink. It is hoped that the initiative will help educate the public about breast cancer and the importance of early detection to increase chances of recovery.

Here are some photos of their ‘Global Illumination’ activities that had taken place around the world:


Los Angeles International Airport




Tokyo Tower, Japan




Hong Kong Peninsula Hotel




Harrods, United Kingdom




The Art Museum of China Central Academy of Fine Arts, China




Canada - Parliament Building




Italy - Foutain of Neptune (Il Biancone)



Align Center

Taiwan - National Taiwan Museum


SO NICE AND SWEET RIGHT??

I'm not so much of a pink person. As in, I seldom wear pink-colour stuff, cant really carry it off. Ha! =P However I'm okay with pink blogskins, pink mugs etc la. BUT, I'm going to tryyyy to wear some pink stuff in the month of October, as a show of support for this cause! Ya kinda lame. Actually it's because I bought 2 lovely pink tops few weeks ago. Muahahaha. Just right for October. =P I've being cooped up at home for like more than a week because I'm not feeling well...and I'm going crazy soon. *_* Hopefully I'll get better and able to wear my new pinky tops. =P

Alot of major joyous events have happened around me;
Like dear Lyn's birthday, the whole group of us went Marina Bay Sands for dinner at TWG, followed by clubbing at Boiler weeks ago. The dinner was so-so though. But the company were great!!!

We ordered the lovely cupcakes from Shida, it's Bling bling Girly night theme!! I also told Shida please custom make some tiaras, bows and rings etc because the same day, Dan was giving Angi a surprise proposal too!

The fondant cupcakes did not disappoint! It's colour theme is pink, white and silver!


They tasted super yummy too! Lyn got super high that night and it's just so sweet and funny. She went hugging everyone for longlong time. Hahahaha!

Dan's lovely surprise proposal to Angi, on the exact same day which we celebrated Lyn's birthday was super uber sweet too! He dressed as Timmy, the mascot and presented the ever loveliest 1.2+ carat diamond ring to propose to Angi!! Of course, the answer is yes. =D I'm so looking forward to the ROM/Wedding. Just the ring itself costs $17k? I wonder how lavish will dear Angi's wedding gown la, accessories la and wedding will be. =D




Congratulations to the lovely couple!! =D

I hated myself so much for forgetting to bring camera that day! Because it was simply too rush. We had meeting at the office before that, had to rush to doll up because we had Bling Bling Girly night theme. And so on and so on. Have to wait for them to upload the pictures.

And those which I didnt attend this week due to sickness, am so sorry =(
Tracy's birthday chalet, YC's wedding and just hours ago, Ire's baby girl arrival!! My heartiest congratulations to all!!!


Giant baby, Vera. More than 3.5kg! OMG!!!


I just realized I didnt even blog about my birthday. Bleh~! Too busy and lazy. Shall leave it at that lah. Moreover I'm so damn freaking fat lately, so damnz swollen and ugly lor. I'll upload more pictures after I've successfully lose weight! I will do it!! I can do it!! I must do it!! =P



Credits to BCAM:
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1156711/1/.html
http://blog.omy.sg/oureverydaythings/2011/09/global-breast-cancer-awareness-campaign-the-singapore-flyer-turns-pink/
http://icyabstract.onsugar.com/Singapore-Flyer-going-Pink-Breast-Cancer-Awareness-19277036
http://blankanvas.bypatlaw.com/lead-story/singapore-flyer-illuminates-for-breast-cancer-awareness/2011/09/30/





No comments:

Post a Comment