Sunday, April 1, 2012

Movie Reviewssss


Ratings: 4.5/5
Watched this on Funshion. A very sweet and romantic comedy! Initially wasnt drawn to a China production, however I was pleasantly surprised. Love the dialogue, story and cast. Super funny. :D Li Bing Bing is still so glamorous and sexy at 39 years old!! Wow! I wish I can stay the same when I reach that age too. =P Ahhhh......was wondering guys who cook nowadays are so rare!



Ratings: 2.5/5
Comments: To be fair, I wasnt enjoying the movie very much mostly because we're seated at the middle of the theater. Actually it wasnt close to the screen as there's still quite a distance but heed me, you MUST watch this movie within the first few rows from the back. Because most digital graphics are HUGE and as a result, I cant view the movie properly. The story is kinda stupid to start with and end, no twist, not much thrills and even the new characters lack depth and creativity. Totally inferior to part 1. Erm and I dont find the Perseus very good-looking, he has neither the air nor poise of a demi-god nor a hero. The X factor is missing. It pretty much feel like a fisherman has saved the universe, sorry to say huh. A very boring show unless you're a sucker for digital graphics.




Ratings: 3.8/5
Comments: It started off slow and gradually got better. I actually expected more creative game stuff and thrills because it's a "hunger game". Hmm....overall still a nice show. Jennifer Lawrence's acting was great. It's not easy to portray Katniss Everdeen, a character with depth, courage, attitude and love but masked by a layer of aloofness, indifference and cynic. Hey Kristen Stewart, please stash away your wide-eyed, open-mouthed spastic, horny look and learn! Duhz, I saw the trailer for her new movie and amazingly, her "classic" blank expression was there for every single scene. ZzZzz

I seldom watch Mediacorp's productions but 摆家乐(Home Decor, hosted by Bryan Wong & Mark Lee) and the above mentioned 国记交意所 are my favorites. The latter is hosted by Mark Lee and it's a very interesting talkshow as a bunch foreigners, like Koreans, Americans, Germans etc, staying in Singapore share their understanding of Singapore culture as well as their own home culture/customs. It's extremely informative and not to mention, exceedingly hilarious when they speak in their half-past-six Chinese. Haha So adorable. Hmm Sad to say, I missed alot of it's episodes...wonder where can I view them properly and fully? I know youtube got alot but it's all in a mess of "dissected" parts.

Have a good laugh on this April Fool's Day!! =)


No comments:

Post a Comment