Friday, December 6, 2013

Light & Natural Makeup Look


Ever since past the age of 30...(I'm 31 this year), I've been trying to wear lesser makeup. Now I'm a true believer of less is more. I've searched online for such looks, the light and natural look or simply the no-makeup makeup look(假素颜) but I still feel they're kinda too heavy for me because most tutorials still involve the use of light foundations and heavy BB-creams or CC-creams, just that the quantity is lesser.

I've cut down the use of foundations and sticking to light BB creams and CC creams for work and nights out. And now, my new love is skipping them and just using good bases and primers, as well as concealers for imperfections with a finishing touch of very fine loose powder.

I've been wearing it like this pretty frequently lately for casual days and dinners. FAR from flawless, as close-ups can still see my crater-size pores.....but...I like how light and natural it looks...and feels on the skin. They lasts a decent 8hours with just 1 blot; I'll add my favorite primer cum sunscreen from Biore (Pictured below, apply before the base) if I want it to last longer with no shine. Can touch up with the very portable size of loose powder which I use.


*Zero Edit*
*Taken in car while on the road under natural sunlight with Samsung Note 2 normal camera*


If you love a fresh face makeup which is decent and presentable, you can consider the following products which I use to achieve this look. 

Skin Type: Combination(oily t-zone), very sensitive and acne-prone
Skin tone: Light to Fair (yellow-based)

FACE
Base: Etude House, Sweet Recipe Baby Choux Base in No. 2 Berry Choux (not suitable for dry skin, a little goes a long way)
Concealer: L'oreal True Match Concealer in Fair/Light (Must blend well)
Power: Etude House, Precious Mineral Sun Powder(loose powder), SPF 15 PA+++
Blush: F.O.X Fusion of expressions One Touch Blush in coral (Very pigmented, use light hand)






EYES
Eyebrows - Heavy Rotation Eyebrow powder 01 Light Brown
Eyes - TheFaceShop Make me Star Waterproof gel Liner in black
        - YiTong Falsies in H05






Sadly, I'm not blessed with big and "awake" eyes nor long and full eyelashes, so I need eyeliner and falsies to "open up" my eyes, but I kept the liner very thin and falsies simple and natural-looking. I still line my under-eyes to join them with the upper line, but I only drew 1/4 of the lower eye and blend them in softly. If you have sharp and big eyes, you can use a brown liner instead of a black liner and light mascara instead of falsies. Stay away from liquid eye liners and pigmented lipsticks as they'll make you look harsh/heavy with such a fresh face. Lip tints and sheer lipglosses are suitable. But I usually leave my lips bare, maybe only with lip balm or some sheer lipglosses. They are bare in the pic though. 


Thanks for reading~

No comments:

Post a Comment