Friday, January 10, 2014

Supreme Tastes Jiang Nan Cuisine 小江南


My pictures have been siting in my lappy(automatically transferred via dropbox from my Note 2) for the longest time. Time to blog about them and then delete.

Mediocre food are everywhere and pretty common, even in restaurants. I seldom blog about food nowadays unless it's a special 6 courses or more meal and above for a special event. But I felt I have to dedicate an entry to this one. Because good chinese food in Singapore is pretty rare.


Supreme Tastes Jiang Nan Cuisine 小江南 at Marina Square


It's not as well-known and common like Ding Tai Feng and Crystal Jade, however my friends and I were pleasantly surprised with the quality of the food. It made me even happier when the prices were very friendly because it was a set meal for 2 pax.




It consists of a soup and ramen each for 2 pax, plus 2 sides dishes, where 1 of them is their Xiao Long Bao. Generally it's 2 choose 1 for most of them, while the ramen has more choices. We chose 西洋菜汤, 酸辣面, 杂酱面 , sweet pork ribs and their original Xiao Long Bao. The most bottom right pic is our additional order....I think it's some spicy dumplings(forgotten, as I didnt try this because I was avoiding spicy food at that time).

What surprised me was that EVERY single dish of the set meal were delicious. Which usually is not the case. Especially love the 杂酱面 and the fantastic pork ribs which were oh-so-tender. I dont feel their dishes are inferior to the other chinese restaurants. Dont quite remember how much was the set for 2 but it was pretty affordable as compared to the other well-known chinese restaurants. And when the standard did not compromise, we're definitely encouraged for repeated visits.


No comments:

Post a Comment