Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Sweet & Sour Prawns Recipe /Ham with Asparagus/Beef with Enoki


Old entry imported from old blog



My 1st (real) cooking experience!

I’m so dead beat. Shifted home on tues and spent like 20 hours to unpack! It’s all worth it though, to finally have your own home. =)
The house is still abit messy because still left like 10% haven finished clearing. Even Vickki has not shift over yet. But probably today or tomorrow. I do miss her, when I’m free and settled down. I’m simply too busy to have time to really miss her nor my family.
I have to blog about my 1st cooking experience though. To be exact, of course it’s not the first time I cook. I’ve cooked a couple of occasions but those are only maggie mee, fried eggs, fried ham and salads. This time round is the real thing manz! We went shopping and bought the ingredients. It was a pretty spontaneous decision which dearie dreads. Hahaha.
Ta-dang!!


My Virgin Sweet and Sour prawns
I’m soOooO proud of myself. =D
At first bite, I think my pupils expanded alot. Because, I didnt expect it to be SO NICE! Lol. I must have sound BHB. Truly, I really didnt expect it to be nice AT ALL! HAHAHA. I almost cant believe how succulent the prawns turned out with the sauce perfect. =D
“娶了我..是你的福气!” I remarked. Lol.
Dearie said it’s yummy too. It made everything worthwhile. But after awhile, I think he regretted praising me because I was hao-lian-ing for the whole night. LOL.


Ham with Asparagus
Beef with Enoki
All thanks to my Toyomi deep fryer. I think it works great and doesnt make my kitchen oily at all. The former tasted great but the latter is merely so-so. I think I didnt put enough seasoning. Hey…I thought we should appreciate the real and original taste of beef mah. Anyway, it’s SO easy to cook the ham with asparagus. You dont even need seasoning. Do fry longer as asparagus need longer time than enoki to turn soft. =D
Alright. If you trust whatever I’ve said earlier, LOL, and wished to try out the dishes. The so-called recipes(because I anyhow mix one. HAHA) are below:
Sweet & Sour Prawn
Ingredients:
1 packet of shelled prawns
1 red capsicum
1 yellow capsicum
Half can of canned pineapple, drained
1 tomatoe
Garlic
Method:
1) Marinate the prawns in sesame oil, salt, pepper and corn-starch
2) Quarter the capsicum, tomatoe
3) Chop some garlic, stir fry it with little oil and capsicum till soften
4) Add prawns to stir fry awhile. Erm, till lightly pink.
5) Add sweet and sour sauce, ketchup, sugar to fry awhile
6) Add water and mix
7) Add corn-starch water to make the sauce thick
8) Add tomatoe and pineapples to simmer awhile
9) Serve with Rice
Ham with Asparagus
1) Wrap aspargus in ham and secure with toothpicks
2) Deep fry (Toyomi deep fryer-140degrees, for 7-8mins)
Beef with Enoki
1) Marinate beef in black pepper, light soy sauce
2) Wrap enoki with beef (dont wrap too little because enoki will shrink)
3) Deep fry ((Toyomi deep fryer-140degrees, for 6mins)

No comments:

Post a Comment